Monday, August 30, 2010

Dual Blog

Hollee and I planned on writing a dual blog while she was here in CT for a visit...clearly we were way too busy being us to allow that to happen, and here we are, 2 weeks later (see: procrastination blog.) We thought it would be neat to keep a timeline of what each of us were doing at certain times throughout the day on her travel day. Hollee took the BoltBus from DC to NYC (super cheap means of travel if anyone want's to come visit me!) then she took Metro North from Grand Central to me in Southern CT. So, here are our timelines:)
Oddly (not really odd at all) enough, the first thing on both of our notes was the following- CAITLYN: woke up at 1:00, 3:00 & 6:00am. HOLLEE: all night toss and turn, not great sleep.
HOLLEE: (during the following hours, I-Caitlyn-was still sleeping:)
6:00 am - wake up and call colie to make sure she's coming to get me. She tells me its raining. *note to self - vera bradley is not waterproof.
6:45 am finally get on metro, sit the opposite way...(Hollee gets sick sitting backwards)at the same time realizing I don't have my tickets.
7:30/45 get a bagel, that makes the day a little better.
8:00 am CAITLYN: awake eating breakfast and watching Sabrina the Teenaged Witch on ABC Family (shocker)
8:26 am CAITLYN: I call Hollee, she doesn't answer.
8:30 am HOLLEE: boarding BoltBus
9:00 am CAITLYN: watching Regis and Kelly
9:00 am HOLLEE: listening to the most annoying foreign people as my computer desperately tries to load netflix on the bus' "wifi"
Oh, and now we're sitting in traffic.
10:00 am CAITLYN: (while Hollee sits and rides the bus...I do some errands and prepare for her arrival) waiting at the DMV to get CT license plates. The guy in front of me in line is wearing a Dewey Beach t-shirt...as though it wasn't bad enough being at the DMV, this guy reminds me of the Green Team and Anna's awesome bachelorette party, and how I would rather be anywhere than here.
10:45 Surprised at how quick this process went, I am the new owner of CT license plates (NOT Keekmobile plates, depressing...another blog would be needed on that topic)
11:00 Home from DMV, doing laundry
12:00 HOLLEE: on the phone with Keek, BoltBus got pulled over on the Jersey Turnpike. ha.
12:15 HOLLEE: realizing John mellencamp and usher pandora stations are both amazing
12:24 CAITLYN: gchatting with Hollee and AP, Full House is on in the background...realizing I watch a lot of ABC Family
12:54 BOTH via phone: Hollee tells me she sees Jesus wearing his business casch (you tell us how to spell the abbreviation for casual) walking down the streets of Manhattan.
1:00 HOLLEE: got off the bus, 7th Ave is running the wrong way of what Keek said. Got in a cab, had to hide my eyes because I thought he was gonna hit someone.
1:00 CAITLYN: shower
1:15 HOLLEE: Arrive at Grand Central, navigate my way through, get my tickets, get to my train on time.
1:23 BOTH via phone: chatting away making sure Hollee gets through Grand Central, buys the right ticket, finds the track, etc...talked to her all the way up til she got on the train then lost cell service
2:10 CAITLYN: call Hollee to see if she wants a smoothie, thought we'd try a new McDonalds one 'cause the commercials are just so great...go to the McDonalds off the highway, they don't sell smoothies, go to the McDonalds on the way to the train station, longest drive thru line EVER, park and get out, go inside, shorter line, dumber people. Order our smoothies, they are out of the kind I like, forced to order two strawberry banana (which I just do NOT like) then they take forever to make it (all this while I know Hollee's train got in already) finally pick up the stupid smoothies, back in car, straight to station.
2:20 BOTH via REAL LIFE!!!!: Hollee gets into Stamford, we talk til I arrive "I see you!!!!" hang up phones, put luggage in car, HUGGGG!!! try our smoothies, not big fans.

Phew, there we go! We will write another blog soon about all the adventures we had! Maybe even including a video of a certain lady getting iced upon arrival!
Best friends are GREAT.
The End.

1 comment: